Can July be Almost Over?

July 31, 2011

I may have to demand a recount of the days! Seriously though, as time does seem to march on, July was a wonderful month of blooms. It was relavitely hot and dry, but things in my garden seem to be well established now, and the roots seem to go deep into the ground to find the moisture.

Since I last posted, the perennial phlox have started to open, as well as the 'Pandora's Box', 'Catherine Woodbury', dark burgandy, and red daylilies. The liatris is starting to open and the rudbekia is coming along.

Today, I'm posting some photos of the side and front beds of the house. I didn't get my camera around to the back yard until the sun came out a bit too strongly for photos, so I'll get to that tomorrow!


front bed with orange daylilies, dogwood, and 'Invincibelle' hydrangea
 the main items that show here
'Invincibelle Spirit' hydrangea
(Proven Winner plant - Breast Cancer Research Foundation)
'Annabelle' hydrangea
side border
dark purple perennial phlox behind
the 'Shirley poppies'

9 comments:

  1. Hi Diane, wow, that Invincebelle hydrangea is a stunner! You must be enjoying it so much! Your borders looks beautiful and thriving! July has been a blur for me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane everything looks gorgeous. All of it goes together so well. Beautiful!
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get over how neat your garden is, a lovely selection of plants. The year is certainly going fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am hydrangea crazy, and yours are stunning! Can't wait to see the back garden too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures! I agree, where did July go?? Hope you had a nice week with family! You do have beautiful blooms going on! Have a great week! Happy Gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love how your garden bed is so multi-coloured. I have a bad habit of getting stuck in the same colour palette too often. Ontario has been hot this summer, I could use a tad cooler weather now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Diane!

    Your garden beds are all flourishing! And wow, what lovely hydrangeas. Have you tried making them colored blue?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diane, My garden seems to be at just about the same stage as yours, with phlox, liatris, and late daylilies starting to open. The late rudbeckia 'Herbstsonne' (Autumn Sun) has also just begun to bloom in the blue and yellow border. -Jean

    ReplyDelete
  9. It all looks pretty and in full flower.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!

If you have a question, I'll respond on your own blog, if you leave me the link! I'll also answer questions here (in case anyone else is interested).

I had to start 'moderating' the comments because I was getting so much spam, so if you notice your comment doesn't show up right away, that is why.

Happy Gardening!