2008 - First Summer: Getting Started


Removing the river stone and a couple of the cedars.




Planted up with some hostas.



Wonderful gift of perennials given to me by my wonderful friend, Rita.



Expanding the garden, with Rita's gifts and a trunkload of perennials from good friends, the Bells (no photo of them before planting).



Back perennial border finished for 2008.



Border built around the outside of the pool.





Little back-step garden, after the deck was rebuilt. Many of the perennials left by the former owners were returned to this bed. Others moved to better places elsewhere on the property.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! So cool that your friends gave you so many perennials. I have a few in my yard (siberian iris & circle flower)that were given to me by my hubby's aunt, so they mean so much more to me. Especially the iris because his aunt got them from his mom, who I never got the chance to meet.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!

If you have a question, I'll respond on your own blog, if you leave me the link! I'll also answer questions here (in case anyone else is interested).

I had to start 'moderating' the comments because I was getting so much spam, so if you notice your comment doesn't show up right away, that is why.

Happy Gardening!